We have a wonderful team of teachers and staff here at GVSP and we are always looking for energetic and enthusiastic people to add to our team. We are accepting applications for full time and cover positions in our program for both foreign and Japanese staff and we offer a very competitive salary as well as transportation allowance.
To inquire please fill out the form below and we will contact you for further information if necessary.
Description and requirements of the full time position:
The full time positions in our school consist of teaching 6 lessons each Saturday. Class assignments vary from a single preschool class for the entire day to a mixture of preschool and elementary school classes to a single elementary school class. This will depend largely on the experience and preferences of the teacher/administration. The lessons are 45 minutes long with a five minute transition period between. Teacher may be called upon to teach any or all of the different curriculum elements outside of music and gym, which have their own specialised teachers.
- Working hours: 8:30 to 3:30
- 6 forty-five minute lessons
- Preschool level classes and/or Elementary level classes are a possibility.
- Extensive experience with small children.
- Extensive experience in teaching, preferably in Japan.
- Flexibility to work individually or as part of a larger team.
- Willing to commit to a full year contract (from the starting date until the final school day in March)
- Ability to read through a prepared lesson plan and execute it.
- Upbeat attitude and enthusiasm.
- TESOL/TEFL or CELTA/DELTA certified preferred, but not required.
Description and requirements of the cover position:
The cover teachers are called on to fill in when one of the permanent staff are away. Many of our cover teachers have also transitioned into full time staff at the end of their first year, so it is a great way to learn the process of our program before taking on a class. See the above description for the requirements.